Yes, we do share our world with an almost unlimited number of other creatures that we consider to be pests. You can bet that at some point in time you will be sharing your personal living space with one or more of these so called pests. We are all faced with two simple choices when it comes to dealing with this situation.
- Choice # 1 – Sit back and let these pests crawl all over your feet.
- Choice # 2 – Get rid of the pests before an infestation starts.
99% of the human population will choose choice # 2. If you happen to be the other 1%, then there is no point in reading any further. If you are part of the 99% that choose not to live with pests, then this is for you!
Choosing Your Pest Control Company
Getting rid of these little creepy crawly pests will require the hiring of a trained professional. When it comes time to choose an exterminator, make sure you choose very carefully because not all pest control companies live up to their promises.
A recent consumer survey found that people who were unsatisfied with their pest control service were unsatisfied because the pest control company did not solve the problem. Other top problems include pest control companies missing appointments or not showing up at all and pest control companies who push unnecessary remedies on consumers.
Be Prepared to Compare Costs
Costs for similar procedures amongst different pest control companies can vary greatly. Some pest control companies may charge twice as much as others and deliver lackluster results. It never hurts to do a little research before you choose a pest control company. Sometimes paying more does not mean you will get better service.
Take Preventative Steps On Your Own
Some of the more common household pests can be prevented by better habits. Don’t leave food around. This is the number one reason pests invade. They need a steady food source and people give it to them in the form of crumbs or overflowing garbage cans.
The same could be said of water. Many pests will invade your home in search of water. Dripping pipes make the perfect water source for many of these pests. Don’t make it easy for these pests and they won’t want to spend any extended amount of time in your home!